Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

No sew window treatment...and more

Sometime in the wee hours of the morning while my family was still sleeping, I was downstairs creating and cleaning. I have been staring at this fabric (click here to see fabric) for awhile contemplating what to do with it. When all of a sudden out of the blue I knew it would be my new kitchen valance.

All I did was lay a valance I previously had over the fabric and cut it out.
There was just enough fabric for you what see.
I then hot glued some fringe I got at one of my favorite antique shops.
and there ya go....
I still need to add a liner to the back.

Warning: Picture overload!!!


It was really difficult trying to get good pictures. The sun just wasn't working with me.

 

I also rearranged my kitchen accessories.
I realized looking at these pictures I don't like what I have on that little shelf by the window. LOL
and.....
I may look for another rooster rug maybe one with black in it.



Another view.


I moved my copper molds to this small wall.
Underneath is my rooster chalkboard which I bought from the Etsy shop HERE.
Love it!





My favorite part of the kitchen!!!
I LOVE my butter slab.
I added some olive oils and a live rosemary topiary. (Etsy)


And....another shot.


I think its finally starting to come together.....

But I feel like it still doesn't look right?

Help?!?!!
(Oops I wanted to add I can't paint my ugly cabinets or change hardware...I live in military housing)

Joining the following:




Photobucket

18 comments:

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Looking good...you did a great job with the new look!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Your cabinets aren't ugly...don't worry about that. Your counters are charming. Everything looks great! I love the butter slab too...where did you get it? I have seen them on other blogs but don't know how to get one. Hope you are having a great week!

Comeca Jones said...

Looks fabulous!! I love the feel of your place. Its a cute idea the jellies under the cloche.:)

Glenda @ Magnolia Bend Drive said...

Thats the best looking military house kitchen I've ever seen! Love the valance and late night inspiration. Thanks!

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

What a great idea to put your spoons in a tea pot. I love the curtains too!!

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

I think your window treatment turned out fantastic, Michele! Love all the things you can do with a glue gun!

Your kitchen looks great.
I especially love your butter slab dish.
That thing is the best!
xx
A

Debbiedoos said...

I think it looks darling, everything about it. Love that rooster chalk board too. Thanks so much for sharing with my newbie party.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Love your valance! Loved that you hot glued on the fringe....I am going to remember that trick!

Love the chalkboard rooster too. Your kitchen is charming, cozy and country French!

All That Glitters said...

Your kitchen is so cute! Love the rooster chalk board! Who was the seller? I want one too!

Wendy@~Chez~La~De~da~ said...

I have made a lot of hot glue curtains! Of course not quite as ornate lol. Makes my little old lady neighbor cringe "why you not bring to me?" She is Hungarian and would sew and starch everything for me lol.
Not quite sure I would line it, might make your kitchen dark, just my silly opinion.
I always find flaws agter I take pictures, I think it looks fantastic~maybe the center shelf needs something smaller, but that's it! Kudos !

~~Wendy

ps couldn't you change the knobs, but just change them back when you moved?

Wendy@~Chez~La~De~da~ said...

OOoooh Your rooster chalkboard? He is AwEsOme!!!

lvroftiques said...

I think your kitchen looks GREAT! You're being too hard on it. So french provincial! I love it! Great job Michelle. And I agree with the person who commented on military housing.....This is so much nicer than any military housing I've ever seen! Vanna

Anonymous said...

Love the valance you made! Looks great! Are you allowed to paint the walls? I think painting your backsplash would make a big difference here. Also, Wal-mart has a rooster rug trimmed in black in case your interested.

Melissa Miller said...

Michele it looks precious! The warm, cheerful colors fit your kitchen style well. Great job.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Love your kitchen and the valance is great, looks wonderful in your kitchen! I also love the rooster chalkboard, what etsy seller did you buy from? I'll have to go to Walmart for the black rooster rug the other commentor mentioned!

Unknown said...

I like how you've personalized your kitchen, even though you can't paint or anything. Nice job! Visiting from WOW.

bj said...

Your kitchen is adorable.
I am wanting a Pure Butter slab, too. Could you tell me where you got it?
I love your pretty window topper....
xo bj

Lisa said...

I love those mats with chickens on them.