Search This Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Estate Finds!

We were able to go to the Estate sale Saturday and it was crazy.
People shoving, running for things...I have been to many sales and have never seen anyone behave the way these people have.
I am happy to say that the things I had my eye on I got!
For one I had been eyeing the pictures of the sale for like a week and I saw a Julia Child cookbook that I wanted...badly! :) I LOVE cookbooks.
Well I got it. yayyy!
Along with some others.
The Joy of Cooking is from the 50s.
I paid $1 for each book.
(Hubby got more books as well, but they're in the garage)

I also got this tablecloth (well I think its a tablecloth)
I liked the colors and the design. Anyone know anything about this?
The silver pieces I paid $2-4.




 My favorite find is this Arthur Court bunny tray thing from a yard sale on the way to the Estate sale.
I paid $10 for it. More than I would usually spend but I found it on ebay for $130.
I think the bunnies are so adorable.



More finds not pictured are :
Strawberry Shortcake metal tray for my girl
a few picture frames
a large enamelware pan (we're going to use to plant flowers)
a vintage pin the tale on the donkey game (the coolest)

The weather is going to be beautiful this weekend. I'm really looking forward to it.
There is a small estate sale in our little area that I'm going to check out.
I'm on the hunt for an old sewing table. I'd like to display it in the hall upstairs.

In other news we are having company the first week of March!
Reagan is going to LOVE it.
Our families live in Texas so we don't see them often.
Reagan remembers her Mimi and Pops each time they come though, its so cute.
My hubby's parents will be our visitors.
I hope the weather is nice while they're here.

Happy Thursday!!

Linking to:
Photobucket

5 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Michele you found some fab items at that sale. I hate when people get all crazy and grabby...burrrrr! Love the Julia Child cookbook...great score. Your silver pieces are super nice and great prices, but I must admit to being in love with that Bunny Tray! How cute!! Thanks so much for joining Junkin Finds Friday. I am your newest follower! hugs, Linda

Ms. Bake-it said...

Great score on the cookbooks! I love the Arthur Court bunny tray! It would match a few pieces I have!

Congratulations on being in remission for a year! My mother was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer one year ago last month. She had surgery and underwent the radiation and chemo treatments. She just finished up her last round in December.

I am your newest follower.

~ Tracy

A Few Pennies said...

Love your collection--the silver is beautiful. Great stuff!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Great stuff. Love the silver. One of these days I will make it to an estate sale. Never have been to one.

ThriftyAnnabella said...

Great cookbooks - my mom has the Joy of Cooking and I can remember trying recipes out of it when I was younger.