Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Antlers and my cozy corner

I had an unexpected break but I'm back and I hope for good. I've missed blogging and my friends. Thank you to those that emailed me to see if all was good, I really appreciate it.

Sooo a while ago before I disappeared I shared my cozy corner with my new lamp....and I can't believe the pictures I shared of my magazines all ratty from little miss Reagan stepping on them. LOL

 
Before:

 
 
Several months ago I got tired of looking at them a mess, I straightened them and added more mags to keep them from sagging. I may or may not have bought a few more ;)
 
I had been thinking of adding antlers above the frame, finally did it and love it! I wish I had done it sooner.
I had the tablecloth made some time ago by a most kind lady on Etsy after I saw my sweet friend Kristi's of The Thrifty Gypsy. (She and I have the same taste and so many of the same things, its funny!)
I already had pillows in the same toile fabric so I thought it would look really great.
 
 
After:

 
I still haven't decided on curtains but the living room is finally starting to come together.


16 comments:

Cottage Dreaming and Flea Market Wishing said...

oh it looks so cute! glad you are back...have missed your posts so much.

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Hi Michele! Glad to see you back! Love the antlers and your cozy corner!!!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Hi Michele! Glad to see you back! Love the antlers and your cozy corner!!!

Stacey said...

Hey you! It's so good to hear from you. Your little corner looks so pretty and cozy. The perfect place for a magazine...or laptop. :)

Town and Country Gals said...

Michele,
I've been thinking about you, so glad you're back! I love antlers and have used them for a long time, your's look great, the perfect finishing touch to a very comfy corner! I've had a lot going on since Kailyn was born and my Nov eqisode, am not posting as often but still here and enjoying it. Looking forward to seeing what you're up to!
Rebecca

Town and Country Gals said...

Michele,
I've been thinking about you, so glad you're back! I love antlers and have used them for a long time, your's look great, the perfect finishing touch to a very comfy corner! I've had a lot going on since Kailyn was born and my Nov eqisode, am not posting as often but still here and enjoying it. Looking forward to seeing what you're up to!
Rebecca

Kelly said...

Looks great!!!! So glad to have you back:)

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Welcome back Michele! Your cozy corner is looking great!

Decor To Adore said...

Oh the antlers look fantastic! Well done. I love how you store your magazines.

Have a lovely day!

Richardsbetterhalf said...

We are glad you are blogging again. I have lots of antlers if you want them. lol Pops says hi and hugs to you all.

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

LOve those antlers, and glad your back. I am starting over so pop over and see me sometime.

Deserae said...

Very pretty.....such a cozy corner!!! You can never have too many magazines :o)
~Des

Linda said...

What a lovely, cozy corner!

All That Glitters said...

The antlers look really good there! I've been in a blogging funk, girl! Trying hard to get back in it, like you. I just love Kristi for the Thrifty Gypsy. I feel like all 3 of us would have a blast together.

PaisleyandPlaid said...

I just found your blog and so glad I did. We share the same style french and english country..what I fondly refer to as "European country!" Love your bedroom and your cozy little corner. Some red transferware plates would look great mixed in with your needlepoint and antlers! Can't wait to see your next post!! GOD BLESS! =)

Kristi said...

I LOVE that you are back!! YAY! And the antlers look awesome! Now I need a pair!! LOL! :)
ps- I didn't mail your "thang" yet, but I will, I will! ;)
Kristi