Search This Blog

Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas kitchen


As most of you know we will be spending Christmas in Houston with our family, so I only pulled out a few things from the attic. Just to make it a little festive while we're home.
I shared my gingerbread tree with you already.

I simply added two candy canes, some burlap and ribbon to my rooster to make him a little festive.
Vintage Betty Crocker cookbook.
Tied some ribbons on the canisters. 


This is my favorite rooster in the house. 


I love this cookbook, there are so many great cookies and the pictures are great!
(yard sale find last year)


These wonderfully vintage Santa mugs were an estate sale find (last year) for $6 they were coming home with me.
The Mackenzie Childs tray was a gift from my husband in October.


  I moved the red scale over here for now, draped it with a vintage Christmas towel and topped with one of the Santa mugs.

The figurines were a goodwill find a couple years ago.
Towels are from Cracker Barrel.

 The next picture I decided to play around some.
Grabbed a rolling pin from my bouquet, a vintage pyrex bowl and apron. 



Hopefully next year I'll be able to add to the gingerbread kitchen I'm dreaming of!
I'll be busy packing and cleaning for the next few days before we leave.
 I hope y'all have a Merry Christmas. 
Michele
Photobucket

23 comments:

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Your kitchen looks very festive, and I love how you gave your rooster some bling! And I love that mixer ornament that you got from Target. It is so cute. I hope you have a safe trip and wonderful holidays with your family.

Gail said...

Michele your kitchen is darling all decked out for Christmas. I love your rooster and that little gingerbread tree is absolutely adorable!

Wishing you too the merriest of Christmases my friend,
Gail

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Cute decorations. I love the labels on your canisters and those vintage Santa mugs.

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

Oh it looks so adorable and vintage. Have a fabulous Christmas in Texas!!

Marianne said...

Your kitchen looks so festive all decked out in its Christmas finery. I'm really loving your decked out Roo!
Marianne :)

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Love the white rooster Michele and the tree is so cute! I have to get to Target to see if they have any of those mixer ornaments...so cute!

rachel@Acts of Life said...

Mr. Roo is looking quite handsome for Christmas ;) I didn't do much in my kitchen but I don't have the excuse of going home...just wasn't sure what to do in there lol. Yours looks cute..I like your rolling pin too :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Michele! OH, I love your kitchen and all of your sweet Christmas touches! That Rooster is mighty handsome all decked out in his candy canes and ribbon. Love your display with the olden scale. I have been looking for a scale!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Donna said...

Your kitchen looks lovely! Christmas decorations make a kitchen so much more cozy :)
Hugs,
Donna

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Your kitchen looks so cute! Wonderful little touches of holiday cheer. I know the feeling about not being home. We are going to TX too. I did not realize that was where you were from. I was born and raised in Houston. My parents now live in E. TX so that's where we are headed as soon as the kids get out of school. Dread the drive!
Have a safe trip and a Merry Christmas!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Michele! Love the tree and how you dressed up your rooster for the season!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Your kitchen looks wonderful! I love the ribbon on your tree, it reminds me of Christmas candy ribbon.

Kelly said...

Your kitchen looks so festive!!!! Hope you have a Merry Christmas:)

Kathy said...

Hello Michele,
I hope you have a wonderful time with your family this Christmas - Love your rooster! You've added the perfect touches to your kitchen! I hope you stop by to enter my giveaway,
Blessings,
Kathy

Kelly said...

I love your little tree in the kitchen. I once had that theme on a tree in my kitchen and enjoyed it. I still have the little ornaments packed away. I once did a candy tree too. Little trees like that are so much fun to do! You've got some adorable ornaments on yours. I especially like the candy cane tree topper! I don't blame you for decorating less this year since you're not even going to be there on Christmas. I would do the same thing!

Emreen said...

What a festive kitchen !! Love the gingerbread tree & the rooster looks charming... Love the addition to the containers too... !!

All That Glitters said...

Super cute Michelle! I've been eyeing the mixer ornament! Love your decor as always!

Barb said...

Hi Michele, just darling. Your kitchen makes me smile.

Barb ♥

GardenOfDaisies said...

I love your little gingerbread tree!!!

Megan @ Restoring the Roost said...

Love all your Christmas decor, Michele! So cute!

Wendy@~Chez~La~De~da~ said...

What a "sweet" little tree" such :*~dreamy:*~ little touches

Debbiedoos said...

So cute Michele. Hope you had a great Christmas. WIshing you a very Happy New year.

rachel@Acts of Life said...

Hey Michele!
Just wanted to stop by and let you know that I am having a giveaway over at my blog and would love for you to check it out! Hope you are all doing well in the New Year!

Hugs,
Rachel