Search This Blog

Friday, November 4, 2011

A thrifted still-life painting

So, I found this still-life painting at the GW about a year ago. 
It has been sitting in my attic ever since.
When I was up there getting out Halloween decorations, I grabbed it thinking I could find a place for it.


You may remember my little table redo.


Well I just placed this cork board there because i felt something was missing, but I wasn't pleased with the way it looked. 


So I thought about putting my recently "new" to me again picture here.


Still have my hot chocolate and marshmallows in the Lance jar.


Another view




I think it looks much better. 

What do you think?

Have a good weekend y'all!

Michele

Photobucket

10 comments:

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

What a sweet little painting!!

Gail said...

It looks great there Michele and your rooster lamp is adorable!!!

Have a great weekend,
Gail

sabri said...

michelle ...i like !! you asked for suggestions...what if you put the marsh mellow jar on the bottom and add a few books in it's place ..then sit something on top of the books??? i like it already...just given you suggestions..i think i finally got a comment space on my blog..i always enjoy your posts and wait patiently for your next post..hope your enjoying your cooler months..i sure do keep alot of hot chocalate around here as well..and different tea...nothing better than a cold night with something warm to cozy up with..happy decorating..

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

It looks great there Michele, and I smile every time I see "my" lamp on your blog!

Town and Country Gals said...

Michele,
That picture is wonderful, great colors especially for fall 7 winter! It looks great there but I kind of agree with Sabri, the jar is pretty big and blocks most of the painting. If you had another spot for the jar, something a little smaller or the stacked books would look great. If not, it's good as is!
Rebecca
PS. put post up about Aaron today.

Comeca Jones said...

Perfectly sweet!

annie@mostlovelythings said...

perfect addition...a sweet little painting!

rachel@Acts of Life said...

I love the painting there...looks better then the cork board. Can you hand the cork board on the wall above that? I think the scale looks good there with the picture, the Lance jar is really big and blocks some of the nice painting. It's always fun to find things we have buried away...it's like shopping for free in the attic!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I love the painting and it goes so well with the table, love that roo lamp too!

Lisa said...

I love the painting of all the fruits.