Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

All American tablescape

I dug through my attic lastnight for my 4th of July decorations.
I had a lot of fun playing.
I did it just to join The Ivy Cottage's Say What? Party!

This is what I came up with first.
The red, white and blue tablecloth is one of my most favorite Goodwill finds.
I found it last year. I just love how faded it is. The material resembles a grainsack, its just fantastic.
I even made lemonade and cake just for the tablescape...ok well for my kids too. :)
Placemats - Kmart
White dishes - Walmart
Stars and stripes plate/napkins - Michaels
Glass pitcher - Kmart
Red/white strip straws off Etsy.

I thought it would be fun to add the sparklers and poppers.
After I was done the kids went outside and played with the poppers.


Grabbed one of my coke crates and stuffed it with some red, white and blue stuff I had laying around the house.
The pillows I purchased off Ebay about 5 years ago.

The red check cloth napkins are from Tuesday Morning.


Then I thought to myself...Hey, I have 2 beverage dispensers in my storage closet.
Soooo I made a little more lemonade and put it in the glass dispenser.
( I won't tell you that I forgot to turn the knob and spilled lemonade all over the counter)


I threw all of this together while the cake was in the oven.
Yummy!


Reagan was outside playing in the water until she heard I made a cake.


Here she is all dried off.
I thought it would be fun to add a sparkler to the cake and light it.
Reagan was in awe...or scared. LOL


For the cake I divided the batter and tinted it blue and red.
The part I left white I added red and blue sprinkles.
I think it turned out pretty cute.

We were going to let the kids do sparklers tonight but it started raining after we had dinner....which was good ole American....Chinese takeout. LOL Hey it was NY style.
I hope ya'll have a wonderful 4th of July!
I certainly am proud to be an American!
We will be in Texas for the 4th visiting our family...I haven't seen my family in over a year.
Be safe!

I finally have something to join the party thats been going on!


 

18 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

Adorable...I love the etsy straws!

All That Glitters said...

super cute!!! I see you dug in your attic!! lol! I still need to see what's in my building. I have no clue!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Love your tablescape! That tablecloth is fabulous!!

BluBabesCreate said...

Love the name Reagan!

Becca Bertotti said...

All of it is so sweet ... the decorations, the cake and Reagan !! *Becca* (new follower)

www.adventuresindecorating1.blogspot.com

Megan @ Restoring the Roost said...

This is super cute! Love the Americana feel - perfect for a summer party.

a quiet life said...

very cute and your daughter is darling~

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Michele! I so love your patriotic table and your pictures are beautiful. My favorite is the coke crate filled with dishes and the cute straws. Reagan is adorable but she does look terrified of the sparkler. Thanks for joining the Summer Entertaining party and I am now a follower.
Hugs,
Sherry

Debbiedoos said...

Glad you shared this Michele!!~

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Michelle, this is too cute. I like your coke box with the large compartments. I have the kind with a gazillion tiny compartments and one with none.

Unknown said...

Very nice
Happy fourth of July
Independence Day! YEA!

Doreen Grace said...

Love the Americana tablescape. Any pictures of Reagan eating the cake? :) Looks yummy! Thanks for sharing.

mzzbev said...

Beautiful Americana decorations and that Coca-Cola tray is fantastic part of our American/Patriotic history. Please share the cake recipe! oh and please join my Patriotic (Americana) linky party going on right now. Visiting you from Debbiedoos Newbie party :)

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

This is all just too cute! I may have to borrow some of these ideas for my Independance Day table! I am now following-because you are a Southerner to and all...

GardenOfDaisies said...

Happy 4th to you and your family!!

Wendy@~Chez~La~De~da~ said...

How in the world did I miss this?!!!
I thought I saw every 4th of July tablescape, nope!!
Your daughter is precious!!!

~~Wendy

blank said...

just found your blog the other day....totally luv it. Where did you find the white dishes? I need to get that pattern for sure.

Lisa said...

I love those red cups.